liza5326

Reading and Rambling

I am a single mom who spends all my free time reading to escape the craziness of real life.  Everything I read features hot men loving other hot men, probably due to the lack of hot men in my own life.  I recently tried my hand at the writing game.  My first short, Risking the Field, will be hitting the public this summer thanks to the Don't Read in the Closet event held every year by the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.  I write under the name Jean McGray, an hommage to my grandfather and my high school nickname.

Moment of Impact

Moment of Impact - Karen Stivali I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through the DBML program in the M/M Romance group.

Moment of Impact gets a bonus for having the BEST opening line I have read in a long time!

"I DIDN’T mean to see Tanner D’Amico’s cock. I really didn’t."

How can you not get into a book that starts like that? Collin and Tanner have been roommates for the past two years and every Monday night, Tanner has his girl over for a little fun in their dorm room. Except one Monday night. He arrives home alone and puts on a little show before confessing to Collin that he is, in fact, bi and has been attracted to him since they met.

Collin was raised by a very devout Catholic mother who ruled her house with an iron fist. He has never truly explored his sexuality, only knowing that girls really aren't his thing. So the fact that Tanner wants him is shocking and he has no idea what to do with it.

The two start a relationship, locked away in their dorm room, that is surprisingly sweet and semi-innocent despite all the sex (it is most definitely not PWP.) Even the stuff that could have turned high-angst stayed low-key and made this a nice escape and sweet romance. It does end a little abruptly, but gives you the promise and a little preview of the next book in the series. This was my first book by Karen Stivali, but I look forward to reading the next books in the series!!