liza5326

Reading and Rambling

I am a single mom who spends all my free time reading to escape the craziness of real life.  Everything I read features hot men loving other hot men, probably due to the lack of hot men in my own life.  I recently tried my hand at the writing game.  My first short, Risking the Field, will be hitting the public this summer thanks to the Don't Read in the Closet event held every year by the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.  I write under the name Jean McGray, an hommage to my grandfather and my high school nickname.

Snow on the Roof

Snow on the Roof - Layla M. Wier, Dottie Stratton, Pinkie Rae Parker, Rhidian Brenig Jones, Amy Rae Durreson, Mari Donne, Tray Ellis, A.C.  Valentine, Chris Scully, John Inman, Maggie Lee, Kim Fielding, J. Leigh Bailey, Sam C. Leonhard, Linda James, Laylah Hunter Overall, this was a pretty good anthology. A bunch of sweet stories, most about a second chance at love. The main complaint is that 40 is not ancient! Most of the stories featured men in their mid-40's, complaining about how old they are. That really stopped this from rating higher for me. I get that the whole anthology is about older men, but geez, they whined about it worse than women! There were standouts. Nachos on Saturday, No Place Like Home, and Granddad's Cup of Tea were by far the best of the bunch!

Nachos on Saturday – 4★