liza5326

Reading and Rambling

I am a single mom who spends all my free time reading to escape the craziness of real life.  Everything I read features hot men loving other hot men, probably due to the lack of hot men in my own life.  I recently tried my hand at the writing game.  My first short, Risking the Field, will be hitting the public this summer thanks to the Don't Read in the Closet event held every year by the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.  I write under the name Jean McGray, an hommage to my grandfather and my high school nickname.

Double Takes (Shooting Stars)

Double Takes (Shooting Stars) - K. Vale I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through the DBML program in the M/M Romance group.

Double Takes is the story of Gio, the lead singer a rock band who is stuck doing a reality show to pay the legal fees for his divorce and the custody battle for his son. When the ratings are less than stellar, the network decides to play with an interview that Gio gave more than a decade ago, saying that he was bisexual. They hire an overly flamboyant actor to play his onscreen boyfriend in hopes of boosting the ratings. But it is the owner of an antiques shop that catches Gio's eye, much to his own surprise.

To Lance Garrett, Gio Savale is a dream come true, his very own rock god. The two start a passionate affair, but it quickly becomes more. Gio is stuck under contract and still fighting his ex-wife and Lance has a secret or two of his own.

I really liked the second installment in the Shooting Stars series. Gio is a very real and likeable guy, doing what needs to be done for his son. Lance is sweet and perfect. The chemistry was great and I loved seeing Alex and Chance from book 1. I am looking forward to reading book 3.