liza5326

Reading and Rambling

I am a single mom who spends all my free time reading to escape the craziness of real life.  Everything I read features hot men loving other hot men, probably due to the lack of hot men in my own life.  I recently tried my hand at the writing game.  My first short, Risking the Field, will be hitting the public this summer thanks to the Don't Read in the Closet event held every year by the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.  I write under the name Jean McGray, an hommage to my grandfather and my high school nickname.

A Discovery of Witches

A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness I found this book by browsing my library's digital catalog and thought it sounded good. So I gave it a try. I hadn't heard any of the hype. In fact, at that time, I don't think there was any hype!

It started out a little slow, I wasn't sure if I was going to keep reading. Then it dragged me in. I was completely lost in the book. I could not put it down. In fact, I was reading this on my nook while feeding my newborn daughter! The characters were so real, with so many dimensions it was easy to imagine seeing Diana in the library with Matthew watching over her. I highly recommend this book to all paranormal readers and Harry Potter fans!