liza5326

Reading and Rambling

I am a single mom who spends all my free time reading to escape the craziness of real life.  Everything I read features hot men loving other hot men, probably due to the lack of hot men in my own life.  I recently tried my hand at the writing game.  My first short, Risking the Field, will be hitting the public this summer thanks to the Don't Read in the Closet event held every year by the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.  I write under the name Jean McGray, an hommage to my grandfather and my high school nickname.

Bared to You

Bared to You - Sylvia Day A heart-wrenching book that had me jumping from tears to frustration in a millisecond. Steamy and sensual. Yes, there are seriously intense sex scenes, but I don't think they take over the story. They are the story, showing how much Eva and Gideon need each other, and not just sex. It is an intense experience that draws you in. You can feel the tortured souls and the need to help heal, not fix, each other. I can see the comparison to Fifty Shades, but they are not the same. Every book has its own flavor and personality. Gideon and Christian are not the same, and neither are Ana and Eva. To start reading Bared with the preconceived notion that they are essentially the same detracts from the passion and originality of each ooh and the characters within. But that's just my opinion.