liza5326

Reading and Rambling

I am a single mom who spends all my free time reading to escape the craziness of real life.  Everything I read features hot men loving other hot men, probably due to the lack of hot men in my own life.  I recently tried my hand at the writing game.  My first short, Risking the Field, will be hitting the public this summer thanks to the Don't Read in the Closet event held every year by the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.  I write under the name Jean McGray, an hommage to my grandfather and my high school nickname.

By The Numbers

By The Numbers - Chris Owen, Tory Temple This was an adorable book about Deuce, who comes home one day to his home on fire with his pregnant dog inside. Trey is one of the firemen on-scene who goes in and saves Q. After seeking Trey out to thank him for saving his dog (and to con him into taking one of the puppies), Deuce ends up moving into Trey's guest room. The story was very low-angst. Trey has a young daughter, a bitter ex-wife, and is very in the closet at the firehouse, but there is hardly any drama, which is both good and bad. It was a little predictable, but sweet. I enjoyed it as a nice break from the heavy books I've been reading lately.