liza5326

Reading and Rambling

I am a single mom who spends all my free time reading to escape the craziness of real life.  Everything I read features hot men loving other hot men, probably due to the lack of hot men in my own life.  I recently tried my hand at the writing game.  My first short, Risking the Field, will be hitting the public this summer thanks to the Don't Read in the Closet event held every year by the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.  I write under the name Jean McGray, an hommage to my grandfather and my high school nickname.

The Tin Box

The Tin Box - Kim Fielding The Tin Box is the story of William, a newly divorced man, who moves into an old mental institution as a caretaker while working on his dissertation. He befriends Colby, a very out and proud man who works at the general store/post office. While exploring the institution, William discovers a tin box hidden in the walls of one of the patients rooms. Inside are letters written by a man named Billy, who was committed for being gay to his lover. The letters give you a very sad history of the mental health profession.

This is definitely a story of self - discovery and acceptance. William and Colby were great characters and I was really into their story. Billy's story wad also enthralling and I found myself needing to know more about him. This was definitely a 5 star read for me.