liza5326

Reading and Rambling

I am a single mom who spends all my free time reading to escape the craziness of real life.  Everything I read features hot men loving other hot men, probably due to the lack of hot men in my own life.  I recently tried my hand at the writing game.  My first short, Risking the Field, will be hitting the public this summer thanks to the Don't Read in the Closet event held every year by the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.  I write under the name Jean McGray, an hommage to my grandfather and my high school nickname.

Love You Forever

Love You Forever - Amelia  Bishop I received a copy of this book in exchange for an an honest review through the DBML program.

The entire premise of Love You Forever is fascinating. Rick and Cole are high school sweethearts and on the same night they come out to their parents, they are cursed by a drunk fae, mad that his lover has cheated on him. Every night, at 10pm, Rick is forced to kiss Cole and tell him that he loves him or die. From there, the story gets sticky.

One of the things I liked most about this book was that it spanned many years of Rick and Cole's relationship. There was a lot of unexpected drama and some expected, enough to keep me hooked. As strange as it is, their reaction to their curse was realistic and how I could see myself reacting to something like this both short- and long-term.

Overall, Ms Bishop gave us an interesting read. And I will be looking forward to reading more of her work.