liza5326

Reading and Rambling

I am a single mom who spends all my free time reading to escape the craziness of real life.  Everything I read features hot men loving other hot men, probably due to the lack of hot men in my own life.  I recently tried my hand at the writing game.  My first short, Risking the Field, will be hitting the public this summer thanks to the Don't Read in the Closet event held every year by the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.  I write under the name Jean McGray, an hommage to my grandfather and my high school nickname.

The Fence And Then The Trees

The Fence And Then The Trees - J.F.  Smith That was an amazing story.... Most definitely a difficult story, but beautiful at its core. Jack is a con man who was double-crossed by his partners and has been sentenced to prison for 3 years. He knows that when he gets there, he will have to use all of his skills to survive. He is put in a cell with Adder, a hard man who hasn't spoken a word in the 13 years he's been in prison. Adder has a reputation of beating people who get in his way Jack sees this the first time they meet.

There were a lot of hard things to deal with in this story. It is prison, and there are harsh rapes and assaults, but when you get past a lot of that, you get to see the story of two men who build a deep bond. And the ending.... Tears.... If you liked [b:Protection|13181411|Protection|S.A. Reid|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1334193106s/13181411.jpg|18361682], you will love this book!